The Red Owl Tavern enlists the talents of Charles Vogt as its new Executive Chef and debuts its new Fall menu.
Chef Charles Vogt has formally been appointed as the new Executive Chef at Red Owl Tavern. Along with his years of experience, Chef Vogt brings with him an all-new autumnal dinner menu that spotlights locally-sourced ingredients and nods to Philly culture.
The Chef grew up in Blackwood, New Jersey, and has always thought of Philadelphia as a second home, inspiring him to enter the food industry. Chef Charles Vogt has significant experience in the culinary arts, having previously served as Executive Chef at the Water Club Hotel by Borgata in Atlantic City and heading up culinary operations at the Wave Resort in Long Branch, New Jersey. He spent two years working at the Academy of Culinary Arts in Mays Landing, New Jersey, where he worked as a line cook under Chef Geoffrey Zakarian.
Vogt’s autumn-themed dinner menu features dishes that emphasize typical fall flavors while also including local vendors and Philly-inspired ingredients. Offerings include:
- Smoked Pork Belly “Burnt Ends”: Apple & fennel salad, apple butter, cider gastrique
- Better Than Nonna’s Bolognese: Organic semolina cavatelli, whipped ricotta, basil crumb
- Boujee Ben Burger: Two 4 oz patties, onion jam, smoked bacon, raclette cheese, arugula, “steakhouse” aioli – “Luxurious in lifestyle, yet humble in character – possibly Benjamin Franklin”Fried Cauliflower: Whipped feta, mint, long hot schug
- Potato Pierogies: Kennett Square mushrooms, melted cipollini onions, crème fraîche, foie gras brown butter
- Steak Tartare: French onion aioli, gruyère, cornichons, cracked pepper, sourdough toast
- Angry “Crab Fries”: Spicy crab fondue, buttered crab, Calabrian chili, scallions
- Heirloom Beets: Honey whipped labneh, frisée, hazelnut dukkah, citrus vinaigrette
- Baharat Carrot Cake: Maple whipped cream cheese, toasted walnuts
“Trips to Philadelphia meant tomato pie with my uncle or Di Bruno Bros. with my grandfather. Sundays meant family dinner. I’m excited to bring that familial feeling to Red Owl Tavern with our new dinner menu.” – Chef Vogt